View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Zoneminder or Apache hanging when watching events 

Post Zoneminder or Apache hanging when watching events
I'm running Zoneminder 1.24.4 on Ubuntu 11.04. I have a PV-149 card with two cameras attached to input 1 and input 2. The camera on input 1 has been up and running for a couple of months with no problems. I just added the second one today.

When I try to watch a recorded motion detect event from camera 2, zm or apache seems to hang. The browser says "transferring data from zm" at the bottom but the video never moves. I then have to restart apache in order to get things working again.

The two inputs are configured exactly the same and I can watch live video from either camera without problems. It's only when I try to watch a recorded event on camera 2 that I have problems.

The apache process doesn't actually die though. It's still running but is unresponsive.

Any ideas on how to debug this? I can't seem to find anything useful in the apache or zoneminder logs.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Post Re: Zoneminder or Apache hanging when watching events
Try deleting the second monitor and then recreating it. Experienced something similar and turned out to be a MySQL issue. Recreating monitor fixed without having to screw with DB.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:38 pm

This happens to me as well, usually after streaming for ~5 minutes and closing the window. I had to make a cron script that kills (hangs) and restarts apache every fifteen minutes.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm

bb99 wrote:
Try deleting the second monitor and then recreating it. Experienced something similar and turned out to be a MySQL issue. Recreating monitor fixed without having to screw with DB.

That did it. I deleted the second monitor, rebooted and then recreated it. It works fine now. Thanks!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]