View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:57 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Release 1.24.3 preview 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Bristol, UK
Post Release 1.24.3 preview
To anyone interested.

I have uploaded version 1.24.3 to the server and it is available for download at http://www2.zoneminder.com/downloads/Zo ... 4.3.tar.gz

I am doing a preview release as it has been so long since the last proper release I want to make sure that there are no major issues with it so please only download and install if you are feeling brave. Having said that, there are minimal DB changes in this release so it should be easy to rollback. A number of these changes have either ben authored, or inspired, by users so thanks to everyone who has contributed and apologies for making you wait so long for your changes to go into a release.

The summary of changes is below. Please add comments or issues to this thread only for now.

o FEATURE - Add config (Options -> Config -> V4L2_CAPTURE_FIELDS) to allow better control of interlacing (or not) of Video4Linux2 cameras. Currently only on a global basis.
o FEATURE - Added ability to move to PTZ presets from mobile view.
o FEATURE - Added contributed iPhone interface (thanks to user Jai Dhar). Use skin 'xml' to try
o FEATURE - Added more camera presets
o FEATURE - Added new Panic debug call for entirely unexpected occurances. Changed some Fatal calls to Panic, only the latter generate stack traces or core dumps.
o FEATURE - Allow specification of RUNDIR, TMPDIR and LOGDIR as environment variables to configure. This allows completely partitioned install
o FEATURE - Changed build procedure to make it easier to import values from config.
o FEATURE - Ensure that paths specified as arguments to configure are correctly propagated to all elements of the system
o FEATURE - Event path now no longer is required to be under web root, so can be placed outside of web root altogether to prevent image browsing by unauthenticated users.
o FEATURE - Improved event event functions (thanks for user John Resig for contribution).
o FEATURE - Includes trial apache config file if --with-webhost parameter is passed to configure. This helps with setting up ZM as a virtual host.
o FEATURE - Mapped memory (versus shared) is now the default.
o FEATURE - Streaming detection and control is now on a bandwidth basis rather than global.
o FEATURE - Upgraded to latest 1.2 branch of mootools
o FIX - Changed default signal loss detection colour
o FIX - Changed name of memory map files to not be hidden files.
o FIX - Changed names of jpeg memory function to not clash with new 'official' functions for the same kind of operation
o FIX - Corrected some compiler warnings
o FIX - Corrected some obscure failure scenarios in zmaudit
o FIX - Corrected some request queueing issues in Ajax calls
o FIX - Fixed detection issues with zmfilter when archiving to zip files
o FIX - Fixed issue on USB cameras where failure to query crop settings was fatal.
o FIX - Fixed issue where events could sometimes be created with uniitiliased time, so would appear to be from 1970 (or 1969 if West of 0 degrees Lat).
o FIX - Fixed issue with libgcrypt complaining about application not initialising library.
o FIX - Fixed minor issues with trigger connections and channels
o FIX - Fixed some DB column dimensions to better match real world values
o FIX - Fixed various minor HTML errors
o FIX - For HTTP 1.0 remote cameras, do not send 1.1 headers
o FIX - For HTTP remote cameras, failure to fetch image is not necessarily fatal to process
o FIX - Improved alarm handlign in montage view
o FIX - Improved detection of signal loss in cameras.
o FIX - Improved functioning of web PTZ controls
o FIX - Improved layout and window size of options related web windows.
o FIX - Modified some buffer lengths to not use BUFSIZ which is platform dependent
o FIX - Now checks for more external libraries during configure
o FIX - Removed custom typedefs and use ones from stdint where applicable
o FIX - Replaced some deprecated PHP function calls with more recent equivalents
o FIX - Updated some calls to ffmpeg deprecated functions
o FIX - Updated to match ffmpeg updates
o LANGUAGE - Updates to Italian translation
o TRIVIAL - Changed some die calls to error_log

_________________
Phil


Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
Location: California
Post 
Phil, one of your latest checkins is causing something weird to happen..

Code:
jdhar@viatest:~$ sudo zmupdate.pl -f
"all" is not defined in %ZoneMinder::ConfigData::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigData.pm line 63
Can't continue after import errors at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.


I noticed this recently. Reverting back to SVN r3229 doesn't do this. Since I use git to track/branch locally, I noticed something was off when updating from r3229 to your latest. It complained that scripts/ZoneMinder/lib/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm was going to be overwritten, which means it wasn't checked in before and now is revisioned. I thought this was auto-generated?

I tried doing all the usual config stuff... ran zmconfgen.pl, did a make install on that, recompiled the whole distro after make clean, and then ran zmupdate.pl, but it looks like there's some mismatches here.

Also, in /var/log/syslog.

Code:
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmfix[3563]: ERR [Config mismatch, expected 199 items, read 198. Try running 'zmupdate.pl -f' to reload config.]
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmpkg[3559]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

_________________
eyeZm, Native iPhone App for ZoneMinder: http://www.eyezm.com

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

Subscribe to RSS feed for updates: http://www.eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml


Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:01 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Spain
Post 
Hi,

Good job!. I would like to try it and install it in my Arm based plug computer. Is it going to be available in the debian Arm repositories or do we need to compile it?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM


Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:06 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Bristol, UK
Post 
jdhar wrote:
Phil, one of your latest checkins is causing something weird to happen..

Code:
jdhar@viatest:~$ sudo zmupdate.pl -f
"all" is not defined in %ZoneMinder::ConfigData::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigData.pm line 63
Can't continue after import errors at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.



This should be fixed now, the relevant export line had been accidentally deleted.

jdhar wrote:
I noticed this recently. Reverting back to SVN r3229 doesn't do this. Since I use git to track/branch locally, I noticed something was off when updating from r3229 to your latest. It complained that scripts/ZoneMinder/lib/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm was going to be overwritten, which means it wasn't checked in before and now is revisioned. I thought this was auto-generated?

ConfigAdmin used to be generated but now that functionality has been moved into ConfigData and ConfigAdmin is now just a regular non-generated file.
jdhar wrote:
Also, in /var/log/syslog.

Code:
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmfix[3563]: ERR [Config mismatch, expected 199 items, read 198. Try running 'zmupdate.pl -f' to reload config.]
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmpkg[3559]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

This should be fixed when you re-run zmupdate successfully.

_________________
Phil


Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Bristol, UK
Post 
PacoLM wrote:
Hi,

Good job!. I would like to try it and install it in my Arm based plug computer. Is it going to be available in the debian Arm repositories or do we need to compile it?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM


I don't maintain the code in any of the repositories but hopefully it will make it there once on more general release. So for now you will need to compile it yourself.

_________________
Phil


Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Spain
Post 
zoneminder wrote:
PacoLM wrote:
Hi,

Good job!. I would like to try it and install it in my Arm based plug computer. Is it going to be available in the debian Arm repositories or do we need to compile it?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM


I don't maintain the code in any of the repositories but hopefully it will make it there once on more general release. So for now you will need to compile it yourself.


Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way to download this new version, so I could compile it in my system?.

Regards,

PacoLM


Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:46 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Bristol, UK
Post 
PacoLM wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Is there any way to download this new version, so I could compile it in my system?.


The download link is in the first post in this thread.

_________________
Phil


Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Spain
Post 
Excellent answer to a stupid question....sorry!


Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm
Posts: 125
Location: California
Post 
Working now, thanks.

_________________
eyeZm, Native iPhone App for ZoneMinder: http://www.eyezm.com

Version 1.3 now available on iTunes, introduces Montage view, HTTPS/SSL support and H264 native streaming!

Subscribe to RSS feed for updates: http://www.eyezm.com/rssfeed.xml


Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 15
Location: België
Post 
zoneminder wrote:
jdhar wrote:
Phil, one of your latest checkins is causing something weird to happen..

Code:
jdhar@viatest:~$ sudo zmupdate.pl -f
"all" is not defined in %ZoneMinder::ConfigData::EXPORT_TAGS at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigData.pm line 63
Can't continue after import errors at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 63.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/zmupdate.pl line 54.



This should be fixed now, the relevant export line had been accidentally deleted.

jdhar wrote:
I noticed this recently. Reverting back to SVN r3229 doesn't do this. Since I use git to track/branch locally, I noticed something was off when updating from r3229 to your latest. It complained that scripts/ZoneMinder/lib/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm was going to be overwritten, which means it wasn't checked in before and now is revisioned. I thought this was auto-generated?

ConfigAdmin used to be generated but now that functionality has been moved into ConfigData and ConfigAdmin is now just a regular non-generated file.
jdhar wrote:
Also, in /var/log/syslog.

Code:
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmfix[3563]: ERR [Config mismatch, expected 199 items, read 198. Try running 'zmupdate.pl -f' to reload config.]
Jan 30 15:54:06 viatest zmpkg[3559]: ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

This should be fixed when you re-run zmupdate successfully.


I am still experiencing the same issue jdhar had with latest svn AND your 1.24.3 preview package.

What was the solution to this problem ?


Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:07 pm
Posts: 5221
Location: Bristol, UK
Post 
Both the SVN and downloadable versions should have the fixes in so it should just require you to redownload and go from there.

_________________
Phil


Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:55 pm
Posts: 15
Location: België
Post 
zoneminder wrote:
Both the SVN and downloadable versions should have the fixes in so it should just require you to redownload and go from there.


Re-downloading the package works now. Re-checking SVN though remains with the same issue.


Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:45 pm
Posts: 38
Location: estonia
Post 
whether the installation is the same as the previous version? I think Debian
http://www.rmacd.com/howto/zoneminder-d ... nstall.php

thanks


Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 pm
Posts: 684
Location: Spain
Post 
Hi,

Running this:

Code:
sudo ./configure --with-webdir=/var/www --with-cgidir=/usr/lib/cgi-bin ZM_DB_HOST=localhost ZM_DB_NAME=zm ZM_DB_USER=zmuser ZM_DB_PASS=zmpass --enable-debug=yes --with-webgroup=www-data --with-webuser=www-data ZM_SSL_LIB=openssl --enable-mmap=yes


Throws an error in Ubuntu 10.10:

Code:
checking for perl module Sys::Mmap... no
configure: error: zm requires Sys::Mmap for mapped memory


I have tried to install manually the perl module but:

Code:
cpan[1]> install Sys:Mmap
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.20)
Going to read '/home/pako/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:40:54 GMT
Running install for module 'Sys::Mmap'
CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.72)
Running make for T/TO/TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz
CPAN: Digest::SHA loaded ok (v5.47)
CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok (v2.02)
Checksum for /home/pako/.cpan/sources/authors/id/T/TO/TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz ok
Scanning cache /home/pako/.cpan/build for sizes
............................................................................DONE
CPAN: Archive::Tar loaded ok (v1.52)
Sys-Mmap-0.14/
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Artistic
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Changes
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Copying
Sys-Mmap-0.14/MANIFEST
Sys-Mmap-0.14/META.yml
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Makefile.PL
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Mmap.pm
Sys-Mmap-0.14/Mmap.xs
Sys-Mmap-0.14/README
Sys-Mmap-0.14/t/
Sys-Mmap-0.14/t/mmap.t
Sys-Mmap-0.14/t/munmap_errors.t
Sys-Mmap-0.14/typemap
CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.22)

  CPAN.pm: Going to build T/TO/TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz

Argument "6.55_02" isn't numeric in numeric ge (>=) at Makefile.PL line 5.
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Sys::Mmap
cp Mmap.pm blib/lib/Sys/Mmap.pm
/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl/5.10/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap /usr/share/perl/5.10/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap  Mmap.xs > Mmap.xsc && mv Mmap.xsc Mmap.c
cc -c   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -g   -DVERSION=\"0.14\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.14\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE"   Mmap.c
Running Mkbootstrap for Sys::Mmap ()
chmod 644 Mmap.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/Sys/Mmap/Mmap.so
cc  -shared -O2 -g -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Mmap.o  -o blib/arch/auto/Sys/Mmap/Mmap.so    \
           \
    
chmod 755 blib/arch/auto/Sys/Mmap/Mmap.so
cp Mmap.bs blib/arch/auto/Sys/Mmap/Mmap.bs
chmod 644 blib/arch/auto/Sys/Mmap/Mmap.bs
Manifying blib/man3/Sys::Mmap.3pm
  TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make -- OK
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/mmap.t ........... ok   
t/munmap_errors.t .. 1/14
#   Failed test 'Unmapped strings die'
#   at t/munmap_errors.t line 31.
#          got: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Argumento inválido
# '
#     expected: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Invalid argument
# '

#   Failed test 'Unmapped strings die'
#   at t/munmap_errors.t line 31.
#          got: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Argumento inválido
# '
#     expected: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Invalid argument
# '

#   Failed test 'Unmapped strings die'
#   at t/munmap_errors.t line 31.
#          got: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Argumento inválido
# '
#     expected: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Invalid argument
# '

#   Failed test 'Unmapped strings die'
#   at t/munmap_errors.t line 31.
#          got: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Argumento inválido
# '
#     expected: 'munmap failed! errno 22 Invalid argument
# '
# Looks like you failed 4 tests of 14.
t/munmap_errors.t .. Dubious, test returned 4 (wstat 1024, 0x400)
Failed 4/14 subtests

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t/munmap_errors.t (Wstat: 1024 Tests: 14 Failed: 4)
  Failed tests:  4-7
  Non-zero exit status: 4
Files=2, Tests=18,  1 wallclock secs ( 0.06 usr  0.00 sys +  0.10 cusr  0.02 csys =  0.18 CPU)
Result: FAIL
Failed 1/2 test programs. 4/18 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 4
  TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz
  /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
//hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try:
  reports TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz
Running make install
  make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
Failed during this command:
 TODDR/Sys-Mmap-0.14.tar.gz                   : make_test NO


Am I missing something or doing anything wrong?.

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM


Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:59 am
Posts: 348
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Post 
This went pretty smooth for me but I am having an issue I cant sort. I upgraded my db from 1.24.2 but when viewing an event I get the following error when clicking the 'video' link to generate a video:

Code:
[Thu Feb 03 14:25:33 2011] [error] [client 192.168.1.2] SQL-ERROR(15AE0F): Unknown column 'undefined' in 'where clause', referer: http://192.168.1.6/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=749583&filter[terms][0][attr]=DateTime&filter[terms][0][op]=%3E%3D&filter[terms][0][val]=-1+hour&filter[terms][1][cnj]=and&filter[terms][1][attr]=MonitorId&filter[terms][1][op]=%3D&filter[terms][1][val]=3&sort_field=StartTime&sort_asc=1&page=1


Anyone have any idea on the fix?


Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm
Profile ICQ
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group