View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
My Zoneminder Experience from scratch 

Post My Zoneminder Experience from scratch
I wrote out a 5 page guide to setting up Zoneminder from scratch from my own experience to help out others new to Zoneminder, but it's full of links to articles and forum posts. I kept getting "Your post looks too spammy for a new user, please remote off-site URLs"

So I revised it at least 4 times replacing every URL with [forum won't let me post a URL] - (I kept missing some) and it still wouldn't let me post.

If any admin reads this, please change my account so I can post my guide. I can PM it to you if you want to vet it yourself.

I finally gave up and posted this message instead.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Post Re: My Zoneminder Experience from scratch
Try to put the information in the Wiki!

miniITX system (5 IPCams) (ZM1.25)
testing miniITX system (1 Aircam IPCAM) (ZM1.27)

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:13 am

scotts777 wrote:
I wrote out a 5 page guide to setting up Zoneminder from scratch from my own experience to help out others new to Zoneminder, but it's full of links to articles and forum posts. I kept getting "Your post looks too spammy for a new user, please remote off-site URLs"

So I revised it at least 4 times replacing every URL with [forum won't let me post a URL] - (I kept missing some) and it still wouldn't let me post.

If any admin reads this, please change my account so I can post my guide. I can PM it to you if you want to vet it yourself.

Were you able to get this posted up anywhere?

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:44 pm

scotts777 wrote:

Would be great to read - post it anywhere else... (or pm it - I am very interested in learning :))

br gerfry

Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 pm

I was able to get this to work. I am posting this as a reminder to add the instructions that worked for me.
I am resetting up the pc and I'll post back as soon as it's finished.

This is working real nice and I want to support it so that others can help keep the project going.

I will post back.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]