I have 3 Axis M3114 cameras and I have them all working with h264 streaming with no errors!
ubuntu server 12.04 LTS 32-bit
You *must* use Original ffmpeg. The libav ffmpeg that ubuntu supplies if you do apt-get install zoneminder will NOT work. It will appear to work for about 10-30 seconds, but then you'll get garbled data from the cameras into zoneminder. This took me forever to find!
The steps to get it installed:
1. Install the ubuntu-server from a CD. When it's time to pick what features you want, ONLY choose OpenSSH server. Do not install anything else.
2. Once the server is up and you can login, make sure you use the Jon Severinsson PPA to get the Original ffmpeg, before you do anything else. This way when you install zoneminder, it will use this and not attempt to grab the libav version of the packages. If you already installed libav, you will need to uninstall ALL of it in order for this to work. I had a hard time doing this, so I just wiped my server over and re-installed.
Here's what you type to get the Original ffmpeg installed:
3. Now you can install zoneminder from packages. ubuntu-server 12.04 installs 1.25.0 currently.
sudo apt-get install zoneminder
4. I setup a video streaming profile for each camera so I could reduce the image size to 800x600. But you can choose any size you want if you have disk space and cpu to handle it. The settings I chose are: h264, GOV Length 20, Variable Bit rate. In my example the stream profile is named "zmprofile".
5. Configure Zoneminder options. On the Images tab, set the following:
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum